- Do not place garbage on the curb before 2:00 PM on the day before your scheduled pick up.
- Garbage receptacles larger than 40 gallons are considered oversize, and garbage in any such container will not be collected. Only containers 40 gallons or smaller will be picked up.
- By law, wood, sheet rock, shingles and anything else considered construction and demolition debris are not permitted to be picked up by the City of Schenectady. For details on how to dispose of these materials, contact the Transfer Station at 374-1124.
- Yard waste can be left at the curb on your regular garbage pickup day. Yard waste must be placed in 30 gallon biodegradable paper bags to be picked up. Brush and branches less than 3″ in diameter will be collected if they are trimmed to 4 feet or less in length and tied in a manageable-sized bundle.
- Yard waste will not be picked up if it is determined that the bags contain dirt, rocks, or animal feces. Poorly tied bundles that fall apart when lifted will also be left by garbage collectors, as will bundles over 4 feet in length.
If you have questions that are not answered here, you may call the City of Schenectady’s Neighborhood Revitalization/Waste Collection at 382-5144.